The differences in men’s body shapes are more subtle as compared to women, but still there are certain differences. Like women, men’s clothing should also be selected according to their body types. Discussed below are three different types of men’s body types and the preferred clothing styles for them.
Tips for short men
The purpose of the proper selection of short men’s clothing is to make them look taller. There are certain clothes that can make a man look shorter than they actually are. Following guidelines might help you avoid such scenarios:
- Accessories- using different accessories can take the attention away from the short height.
- Small prints- using small prints can make you look larger in size, while big prints make you look larger in width and smaller in height.
- Avoid large ties- large ties and other items emphasis the lack of height.
Clothing for slim and tall men
People who are tall and slim need to choose the types of clothing that does not make them abnormally large. They need something that will make them look fat, and cut down their height. Following things can help a person achieve this look:
- Wear horizontal lines- these make you look wider, while decreasing your height.
- Use bright and multiple colors- sharp colors give every angle of the body proper attention, making it more noticeable.
- Wear tight-fitting dresses- tight dresses with a few creases make you appear bulkier.
- Baggy or loose jeans- these make your lower body look fatter.
Men with a larger built
Men with larger built or who are flabby can look weird if they wear something that makes them look larger. That’s why some care should be taken when choosing men’s clothes for such body types. Following tips should be kept in mind when choosing clothes:
- Lengthwise prints- wearing lengthwise prints will make you look slimmer, as it takes away the width of your body. In addition, if you buy a plain dress then the seams of the thread should also be lengthwise.
- Longer shirts and jackets- the shirts or jackets should be large enough to cover your posture or decrease the height.
- Comfortable fitting-there is a misconception that the clothes should be loose; in reality you should choose the clothing that fits you comfortably.
- Open necks- wearing tight and closed necks make you look slimmer if you already have a slim body.
- Dark tones- when you go shopping make sure that you choose darker tones rather than full bright colors.
- Use belts- they will divide your body and cover up some of the length.
Keeping in mind all these factors, you can easily find what to wear.